Tuesday, March 5, 2013

All Fired Up

(TL:DR Summary - Not quite a PR, great run, two challenges)

So I took some time off, did a little mental regrouping, and today started my half marathon training again.  I really needed this run, and it felt like there was a conspiracy to keep me from doing it.  Tons of little frustrations piled up one after the other.

And then I was outside, on the pavement, with a new playlist and putting one foot in front of the other.  Take it easy, enjoy the run, and don't push too hard.

I didn't push too hard.  When I thought I wanted to walk, I would ask what hurt (nothing) and could I breathe (usually) and if breathing was the problem I slowed my jog a little and asked is that better (yes, quite).  And I ran mostly the whole way (except the tricky part over the tree root getting into the park, and when I had to stop and tie my shoe).  And it was awesome.

I love it when a plan comes together. 

My all time PR for the 5k is 35:20 back in November of 2011.  Today's time:


Perhaps I shouldn't have stopped to tie my shoe....

In other news, I am doing a couple of challenges this month:

The Run to the Finish Spring Challenge.  Yesterday was day one.
March 4, 2013:
Water - 90 (!!) ounces (1 point for going over 64)
Freggies (Fruits & Veggies) - 3 (no points - my diet honks)
Workout of the Week - no
Daily Workout - no

March 5, 2013:
Water - 72 ounces so far and still drinking (1 point)
Freggies - 1 (I know, it's so sad)
WOW - YES (1 point) - the cat helped and thinks he should get a point too
Daily - YES - 3.5 points

So far for the week I'm at 6.5


Additionally, I am doing an Intuitive Eating Group.  I don't want to call it a challenge - it is, but not in that way - I am challenging myself and my views on food.  I'm going to break the cycle of diets and learn how to eat the way I need to for myself.  More on that later - or go to Studio Eats and check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment